Alright Ladies, this one’s for you!! I know that peeing outside is supposed to be common knowledge… but yet there are still many women out there who struggle with it! Well – consider this your all-inclusive guide to “doing your business” outdoors. Here, I give you tips on finding your spot, how to squat, how to clean, dealing with your period, and finally – some very helpful products. First, enjoy the video – then find links below!
Watch the Video Now!
Tips to pee (or poop) Outdoors
FIND YOUR SPOT:
- Follow Leave No Trace principals, and always go at least 200 feet from any trail, camp, or water source.
- Find the most level, sturdy ground you can.
- Minimize the amount of vegetation you will urinate on.
- Face downhill or downslope.
- Keep your back to the wind!
- Space out your cat-holes if frequenting an area.
TIPS FOR SQUATTING:
The Full Squat:
- Spread your feet slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Keep your feet flat and steady.
- Pull pants just below your knees (but not too low)
- Hold the ankles and/or crotch of your pants out of the way.
- Squat as low as comfortably possible.
The Half Squat:
- This method is easier on your knee/hip joints… but can be tougher on your quad muscles!
- Commit to the pee! Give your urine stream some force to keep it from dribbling down your legs.
- Pee fast… the faster you finish, the faster you can stand back up!
The Assisted Squat:
- Try carrying a rope or bungee cord with you. You can wrap it around the bottom of a tree and use it to brace yourself.
- You can also use a tree to lean your back against as you are in a seated position.
- Finally, you can enlist the help of a good friend or spouse to help hold you in position.
- See video for demonstration…
Keeping it Clean:
- First, zip lock bags are going to be your best friend.
- Always carry one back with cleaning supplies, and one empty bag to pack out your dirty supplies.
- The things I pack my clean bag with are: toilet paper, individual kleenex packs, wet wipes, tampons/pads, and hand sanitizer.
Use this link, with the coupon code “MANDY” to save 10%!
Head over to this link to grab your very own Thunderbox!