North to the Future

I promised you all a big announcement (and no, I’m sorry, it has nothing to do with wedding bells as so many of you have guessed) it’s way more exciting! We are ready for our next BIG adventure! First, check out this video, then read below for more details!

Alaska to Mexico #1: North to the Future

Now that we are all on the same page, let me answer a few questions…

Sponsorship

Yes, we do still have to make a living on the road – and so we are beyond grateful to have some amazing support along the way. nüCamp RV and Princess Craft RV have pledged to support us. In return, we will be delivering some really great content to them. While they help us pay our bills, we would be ever grateful for YOUR support as well. We will be launching our Patreon page in just a few short days – so stay tuned!

Sponsor02

Sponsor06

Why to follow

We understand that not everyone is able to travel to the places we go – and even more of you are scared or hesitant to take on such a trip. We want to show you what’s possible – the good, the bad, and the ugly! We’ll be producing weekly video episodes, writing blogs, sharing tips, and generally allowing you all in our backseat! It’s going to be a lot of work, but it will all be worth it if you come along with us.

How to follow

Websites:
www.roamingrocky.com (Coming soon: finishing up the final touch now!)
www.mandyleaphoto.com
YouTube
Newsletter
Blog
Support us on Patreon (Now Live!)

When will we go?

Like… now! We head North to Alaska in just a few short days! While we will posting our progress on social media – the meat of the project will begin when we arrive in Alaska and begin the trek back south. This will be the first week of August. Soon!!

Here’s to exploring North America!

Tetons0618_01web

With support from nüCamp RV | Princess Craft RV3 Legged Thing | Hoodman | Schneider OpticsNikon | Mindshift GearWestcott | Urban Hair | Precision Camera | Bear Claw Carpentry

YouTubeSponsors.png

Mary Ellen Fediuk

July 20, 2018

May the wind be to your back !!!

mandylea

July 21, 2018

And may the sun shine warm upon your face! Thank you so much!

Debbie

July 20, 2018

I love fellowing you guys….

mandylea

July 21, 2018

Thank you Debbie! We love having you!

Lamar Trawick

July 20, 2018

Have a great adventure! Can’t wait to see all that you capture through your lens!

mandylea

July 21, 2018

Thanks Lamar! I’m looking forward to photographing it!

Chuck Middlemas

July 20, 2018

This sounds great, best of luck and God Speed to you. We would like to know info. about what photo equip. you use, memory card size and little particulars along the way. So if possible in some of the weeklies can you please say a little about the equipment used. We are heading out to Grand Tetons soon and want to take super video clips, pic’s etc. Yours are professionally great however as amateurs we need some advice.

Our Best to you and Kendrick,

Chuck abd Deb

Movin on!

mandylea

July 21, 2018

Hi Chuck and Deb! Yes! For sure! These are great suggestions and exactly what we are after!

PATRICK b..

July 20, 2018

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.. ALWAYS ROOM HERE ON THE WAY THROUGH.. AWESOME.. YOU BOTH DESERVED THIS..

mandylea

July 21, 2018

Thank you Patrick!!

Caroline King

August 21, 2018

Would love to hear about you equipment choices too. I am signed up for you Big Bend Adventure this October…so I guess your trip back from Alaska and down South will include that? I am a mother of 5 (4 of them boys) and my husband and i have camped all over the US with them. Now it is just us two and our Aframe. Love your inspirational stories and pictures.

mandylea

August 30, 2018

Hi Caroline! So sorry for my late reply! And yes! You will be seeing me in the middle of my trip 🙂 I have scheduled the workshops along the route… still gotta work! Really looking forward to meeting you in Texas!

James Prescott

July 22, 2018

So happy for y’all. This trip really interest me. Looking forward to the trip reports. Safe travels!

mandylea

July 22, 2018

Thank you James! So happy to have folks to share with!

Chris Pitt

July 24, 2018

Safe travels! Have a blast for all of us….

mandylea

July 24, 2018

Thanks Chris!

Sabrina

July 26, 2018

Wow exciting news! Looking forward to following you both on your new adventures travelling. Happy,safe travels from Sabrina ( in New Zealand)

Sabrina

July 26, 2018

Wow exciting news! Looking forward to following you both on your new adventure travelling. Happy safe travels from Sabrina (in New Zealand) 🙂

mandylea

July 26, 2018

Wow! Thanks for watching from New Zealand!!!

Gisele R Chaput

September 2, 2018

Wow – just getting email about this today, Sept 2nd- we are busy moving from PA to Tx- so I might have missed! You prob have already started, so I’ll have to catch up— all the best on this journey-love you guys!

mandylea

September 5, 2018

Hi Gisele!! So glad you did see it! Yes, we have begun and are on Episode 6 already!! Get caught up on the videos at http://www.roamingwithrocky.com

Sean

November 20, 2018

Watched the Texas Parks & Wildlife YouTube video about you and wanted to offer congratulations on your life camping as a nomad photographer. Wife and I just returned from 4 months in Alaska and the Northwest Territories and we are headed to big bend in a few days. We haven’t pulled the trigger as full time campers…yet, but maybe sometime soon. Awesome photos on your site and good luck in your travels. Any great photos of roadrunners or horny toads?

mandylea

November 23, 2018

Hey Sean! Congrats on your travels and thank you so much for the kind words! I’m glad you caught my special… you are going to LOVE Big Bend! Unfortunately no runners or toads for me, LOL!