A Grand Adventure: Standing on top of the Tetons

The most effective lessons come of our own experience. We cannot know these lessons until we have given ourselves the opportunity to learn them from our failures. Such was the case with my most recent endeavor to summit the Grand Teton.

It has been a dream of mine to climb the Grand Teton since I first set eyes on it 3 years ago. But this idea remained steadfast in my pile of pipe dreams that I assumed I would never come close to accomplishing. I did not feel I had the physical stamina or the mountain prowess required.

GTattempt02But when Kendrick came along, he changed my perspective on what was and was not possible. He showed me that I was capable of accomplishing more than I gave myself credit for, and offered to show me the way.

And so, an adventure began…

Vlog #21: A Grand Adventure: Standing on top of the Tetons

CalendarThumbs012018 Calendars now available!

Follow Mandy on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
With support from nüCamp RV | Princess Craft RV3 Legged Thing | Hoodman | Schneider OpticsNikon Westcott | Urban Hair | Precision Camera | Bear Claw Carpentry

Ron Bowman

October 18, 2017

Perhaps a bit or oxygen deprivation at altitude? More of the real you! Love it! ❤️ & ☀️

Ron Bowman

October 18, 2017

…….bit of oxygen…….

October 18, 2017

Haha, thank you very much for watching!

Tod Grubbs

October 18, 2017

Great post, glad you did not give up and took the summit the second time.

October 18, 2017

Thanks Tod! I’m glad too 🙂

Sherry Sauter

October 19, 2017

First, thank you for sharing your trek to the top. Second, I am so jealous. What an experience of a lifetime. So glad that you both made it to the top and safely returned. <3

Len

October 19, 2017

Congratulations. So happy your realized your goal.

October 20, 2017

Not the goal I thought, but a great goal indeed… thank you!

SherylHerrington

October 19, 2017

I have waited to hear more about this adventure!! So glad you shared. God Bless you both

October 20, 2017

Sorry it took so long! But I’m so glad you hung in there!

Lesley Vines

October 19, 2017

Oh girl you made me cry, I am so happy for you and I can’t wait to see where you go from here!!!

October 20, 2017

Even I don’t know 🙂 Thanks for watching!

Karl Chiang

October 21, 2017

That was amazing and so glad you stopped the first time. Safety is paramount. Glad you made it the second time around and achieved nirvana. Congratulations to your winning spirit about life!

October 27, 2017

Thanks Karl, I completely agree!

Laurie in Maine

October 26, 2017

Sat through the wedding guy and celeb photographer just to get to your segment of today’s Nikon Live. What a joy to listen to you. Pleased to have found this entry on your blog. My “thing” this year was to buy a kayak and learn to paddle. Love it. Even after falling in and getting soaked on the 6th trip. (And I had dry clothes and a towel in the hatch for just such a catastrophe 🙂

October 27, 2017