Two Go Tiny: Teardropping meets Truck Dwelling

The most difficult challenge of living on the road is by far that of loneliness. Whether you are traveling with a companion or ultimately alone, we all fight this. I’ve spoken in detail regarding the journey of finding peace and contentment within myself – a journey that I did not always enjoy, but always appreciated.

Often times, it is when we finally reach this point of peace and stop seeking more, that we find the unexpected – or perhaps the unexpected finds us.

KenTacoma01webMeet the unexpected. His name is Kendrick. While life is always uncertain, scary, and quite plain difficult at times… it is also very short. So short in fact, that there is no time for doubt and regret. And that’s almost exactly the line of reasoning I used to convince Kendrick to quit his job, leave town, and move in to my (very tiny) tiny house! Did I mention it’s tiny!?

PeaktoPeak08

Imagine squishing together the life and belongings of a full-time tear-dropping photographer, and a truck-dwelling dirtbag climber. Yep, seemed pretty impossible to me too!

But after a few tears and some healthy negotiation, we both learned that as long as we have adventure, we can live with a lot less stuff. I hope this video of our story helps you find peace and encouragement in downsizing and simplifying your life.

Vlog #19: Two Go Tiny

Follow Mandy on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
With support from nüCamp RV | Princess Craft RV3 Legged Thing | Hoodman | Nikon Westcott | Urban Hair | Precision Camera | Bear Claw Carpentry

Tinyhouselivingfest coloradofall  WestTXexcursionWestTXadventure  tttroct  Smokys

Judith Pearson

August 3, 2017

I’m so happy for you both to have found each other. Blessings abound! Happy trails!

August 4, 2017

Thanks Judy! I hope all is well with you and to see you soon!

Barbara Bobbi Kolby

August 3, 2017

As a Mom I am extremely happy you are still out living life to the fullest. And I am happy too that you now have that special person in your life that you are sharing it with. Still hoping to catch up with you and meet Kendrick.

August 4, 2017

Aw thanks Bobbi! I promise we will make it up to Glacier one day… just not sure when yet…. And of course I’ll let you know!

Patricia

August 3, 2017

Congratulations on your new adventures together. What a blessing to have found each other. To new beginnings.

August 4, 2017

Cheers! To new beginnings!

Lorna Bone

August 4, 2017

Best wishes to you both. Every memory you make is all the more special when shared with someone you deeply care about. Enjoy 🌎

August 4, 2017

I absolutely agree.. although still important to enjoy on your own as well, it’s nice to share <3

Trish Gerhardt

August 4, 2017

We enjoyed meeting Kendrick at UCamp17! Best of luck and love to you both!

August 4, 2017

Thanks Trish! Great to meet up with you too… keep in touch and thanks for following along on the adventure….

August 4, 2017

Happy for both of you. Big hug!

August 5, 2017

Hugs Back!

Tod Grubbs

August 4, 2017

Congrats guys! Hope your adventure together is rewarding. Having some one to share the adventure with is awesome and challenging all at the same time.

August 5, 2017

You got that right! I sense a future vlog out of that one 😉

Kristi Sandberg (Wilson)

August 4, 2017

….and again you are an inspiration. I am glad you both took a chance. Adventure awaits! Many blessings to you both.

August 5, 2017

Thank you! I rarely regret taking a risk, but I often regret not…

Karen Polansky

August 4, 2017

I am so happy for both of you. Mazel Tov!

August 5, 2017

Thanks! 😛

Scott

August 5, 2017

As you have found, sharing life’s adventures with another by your side is so much more gratifying. I sometimes wonder how it would be if I did all this alone and quickly realize it is so much better with your bestie right there with you, getting to share that experience first hand. My wife and I just returned from a twelve day trip to Colorado in our T@G and now that we are back home, I feel like I’m supposed to be doing something. I need to make fresh water, I need to setup the solar shower, recharge the battery. I don’t think my wife has sat still yet. Congrats on finding someone to share your journey with.

BTW, i love your use of light and shadows in your work, some really specatular images in your collection.

August 5, 2017

Thank you Scott! I completely understand what you mean about returning home… I guess that’s why I decided I never would 🙂

And thank you for appreciating my photography. I love camping, but that is truly where my passion is.

Mitch Popilchak

August 5, 2017

Well that is just frickin awesome! Congratulations to both of you for taking a chance on each other. As a solo traveler myself, I often wonder how I would fit someone else into the back seat of my truck. But I also know what it feels like to wonder what it would be like to have a co-pilot.

Light and Love to both of you! <3

August 6, 2017

Thanks Mitch! Both lifestyles have their ups and downs… the important thing is focusing on the ups 🙂 Thanks for your support!

Mike Heward

August 5, 2017

Thanks for sharing your sense of exploration. Whether it’s on your blog or just stopping to watch hay being raked on the way to a hidden waterfall.
    Never stop L👀 king for what is around the next corner!

August 6, 2017

Thanks Mike! It’s always fun to have friends to adventure with 🙂 Bring your wife next time!! <3

Mike Heward

August 7, 2017

Oh, there’s no way she’ll miss next year!

Marta Ruela

August 6, 2017

So happy that you both crossed path and took a chance on each other. I often wondered how lonely it must get traveling by yourself. Be brave for the challenges that you will face by sharing that space 24/7. Always leave the lines of communication open but above all never go to bed mad. Love and light and blessing to you both.

August 6, 2017

Thanks Marta! That’s wonderful advice… something everyone needs to hear now and then <3 I appreciate your support so much!

Diane

August 6, 2017

Wonderful!! Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈

August 6, 2017

Thank you Diane!!!

Lesley Vines

August 10, 2017

I am so excited for you. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your adventures and I think it is amazing that you now have somebody that you can share those adventures with in person not just those of us who follow you on social media 😉

Keep those amazing images coming and keep inspiring others to hit the road and see where life takes them my husband and I will be heading out on the open road beginning in September thank you for inspiring us both to follow our dreams and just do it!!!

Henrietta

August 10, 2017

So happy for you!!!! And Kendrick. Enjoy the road travels ahead ….bumps and all!