Home is where you park it: How I became a Nomad

Click here for the Ebay listing! Auction ends: Tues 4/25 8pm CST.

Home is where you park it. No truer statement could be said for a nomad – something I am proud to call myself. I cannot deny, however, that it was not the easiest leap of faith to make, and it is a decision that many eager spirits struggle to make.

9229editOn this day, the one year anniversary of a turning point in my life, I share the thoughts that led me to lead this life. Without a doubt it has been a year full of silver linings. I am grateful for all of those in my life – both the ones I know dearly and the strangers I’ve just met – for without your support, I would not have found the bravery I so needed.

This is perhaps the most difficult video I have made to date. By the end, you will understand that it is not the material of the roof over our head, but rather the lives we lead that define our home.

Vlog #15: How I became a Nomad

Follow Mandy on Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Buy Calendars

With support from NuCamp RV | Princess Craft RV3 Legged Thing | Hoodman | Nikon | Westcott | Urban Hair | Ed Heaton Photography

sister6211

April 18, 2017

Live the dream! I’m a fellow Texan and a 2015 Outback owner, waiting for retirement so I can live the dream. I have a 3,000 sq ft home in Fort Worth but often find myself sitting in Fly Aw@y in the driveway to watch a movie, or even take a nap. I’ve often thought she would make a wonderful office. We’ll find out in a few weeks on my two week trip to Utah to expand my travel blog. I hope to see you on the road. Continue to inspire us all.

Lisa

April 19, 2017

Way cool!! You will love the t@b Mandy! I have an older model and it’s my baby!! Thanks for sharing your story!

April 20, 2017

Hi Sister! Thank you so much for the kind message! I love the name you chose for your t@b. I’m still thinking of what my new one will be! Keep following and keep in touch in case our paths ever cross!

mleason

April 18, 2017

I can’t wait to see what you do to customize the T@B! I feel like upgrading from my T@G to the T@B Outback is my next step, too.

April 20, 2017

I can’t wait either! I have no idea what I’ll do yet, but you can bet I’ll document it for you!!

Brian Kennedy

April 18, 2017

To whomever buys this, should you choose to keep the mural on the kitchen hood, as the artist who painted it, I’d even be willing to sit down with you and meet you for lunch, dinner, or drinks. I’m somewhat nomadic myself, so this is a real possibility.

-Brian Kennedy

RvChickadee

April 18, 2017

So glad you’re going to get a workspace. It helps a lot, but you still have to make yourself work! 😁 XOXO

RoamWithFriends

April 18, 2017

Such a bittersweet experience. Upgrading is exciting yet saying good bye is challenging. I hope Phoenix gets an amazing new owner! Looking forward to the behind the scene glimpses at the factory!

April 20, 2017

I completely agree… I will miss her and hope she goes to a good home!! Videos soon!

Marshall

April 18, 2017

Contrats! Inquiring minds want to know if you got the floorpan with our without the bathroom. My money is on without.

At least you’ll have a bit more room if you are ever traveling with anyone. 😁

Brian

April 18, 2017

My parents just ordered the T@B 400! A shower and a toilet…we’ll never see you again! 🙂

April 20, 2017

Haha, awesome. Not sure what you mean though? I got the no bathroom version!

Tod Grubbs

April 21, 2017

Awesome, We all look forward to you continuing adventure!!

dougwiggers

May 23, 2017

So awesome! I forgot how I stumbled upon your website but I am glad I did. You are an inspiration and doing something I hope to do someday, even if for only a few months – just to say I did it. No regrets, right? 🙂

Ed Bickford

June 3, 2017

So glad you realized your “reasons” were just “excuses”! My wife and I are on the road full time now having sold our home in December and leaving our Full Time jobs April 28. Wish I had done it when I was your age! Enjoy your photography!!

Marta Ruela

June 14, 2017

So happy for you. So glad I came across your Instagram! You are a true inspiration. Thank you for showing us your world!

June 14, 2017

Thank you so much for following my adventure. I’m glad to have you along!